Information We Collect
We collect basic personal information as needed to complete your order. This includes: your order details, name, email address, and mailing address. If requesting a custom order, additional details will be requested to ensure the quality of your order. We also collect a phone number for express shipping requests, as it is required by our shipping provider (see more below).
We also have an opt-in mailing list on our website. If you choose to opt-in, we will collect your name and email address, which you may choose to remove from our list at any time.
We DO NOT collect, store, or have any visibility into your credit card or payment information. We use trusted third party payment processors (Etsy, PayPal, etc) for this function. See “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below for more details.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We will collect, use, and share your data as follows:
- as needed to provide our products and services;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- as necessary for legal purposes, to include taxes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Pawsome Crochet does business on several platforms. In order to provide our services, our shop may share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service Providers: We utilize certain trusted third parties, such as PayPal and shipping companies, to perform functions and provide services to our shop. Your personal information will be shared only to the extent necessarily to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If for any reason our business is sold or merged, your collected information may be disclosed as part of that transaction, only to the extent necessary and permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
However, we may also be required to retain information regarding your purchase in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. For example, our shipping receipts, which include your name and address, must be saved for tax purposes for up to 7 years.
Protecting your data is important to us. If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (such as legal requirements) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) receiving marketing messages after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, your personal information will be deleted unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, Rebecca Davis is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Cemal Gursel Cd. 1684 Sk
No: 2 D. 6
35600 Karsiyaka, Izmir