These bear snoods are easy to work up and make easy, adorable costumes for your larger four legged friends. The short, tube-shaped snood stays in place with a stretchy band while the center section features a looser stitch, allowing more room for your pup’s ears.
--- Skill Level ---
This project is recommended for experienced beginners. The construction is not difficult, but it does involve a few rounds of alternating front/back post crochet, which may be tricky for new crocheters.
--- Sizing ----
The finished snood is sized to fit large breed dogs. The pattern features a measurement section with tips on how to easily measure and modify the design to create a snood for other size pets.
--- About the Pattern ---
The pattern consists of an 8 page printer friendly PDF file written in US crochet terms that includes:
- instruction page with materials, sizing, and construction info
- a measurement and size guide
- step by step written pattern with stitch counts
- full color assembly photos to help with ear shaping and placement
--- Materials You'll Need ---
- 4.5mm / 7 crochet hook (You may substitute a US G or H hook, but your gauge may be just slightly smaller or larger.)
- Approximately 130 yards worsted weight yarn in primary color
- Approximately 15 yards worsted weight yarn in secondary color
- A darning needle for finishing/sewing on attachments
Dog Bear Snood Crochet Pattern
Need help with a pattern? Send me an email or use the Contact Us button, I'm happy to help and can usually respond within 24 hours.
I do not have usage restrictions on my patternse but ask that you do not reproduce the pattern in whole or in part.
If you make this item and would like to have your work featured, please feel free to send photos or tag us @PawsomeCrochet / #PawsomeCrochet. We love featuring your pets and projects!
We also have pattern pages set up on Ravelry.