This fun project works up in about an hour, makes a fun (but not too spooky) Halloween costume, and requires only basic crochet skills.
--- Skill Level ---
This pattern is best suited for intermediate crocheters. While the construction is simple, there is some surface crochet involved that may be difficult for beginners.
--- About the Pattern ---
The pattern consists of a 7 page printer friendly PDF file written in English / US crochet terms that includes:
- 1 instruction page with materials, sizing, and construction info
- 2 page step by step written pattern with stitch counts
- 4 pages of supplemental photos
--- Materials You'll Need ---
In order to make this project, you'll need:
- Size 6mm / J / US10 hook
- Approximately 120 yards of both green and black yarn in worsted weight for the hat / hair
- Approximately 15 yard of gray yarn in worsted weight for the bolts
- Less than 1 yard of worsted weight yarn in red for the scar
- Optional: 12” of stretchy elastic to make the chin strap (this can be crocheted instead)
- Brush for the hair
- Scissors and darning needle for finishing
Frankenstein Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
Need help with a pattern? Send me an email or use the Contact Us button, I'm happy to help and can usually respond within 24 hours.
I do not have usage restrictions on my patternse but ask that you do not reproduce the pattern in whole or in part.
If you make this item and would like to have your work featured, please feel free to send photos or tag us @PawsomeCrochet / #PawsomeCrochet. We love featuring your pets and projects!
We also have pattern pages set up on Ravelry.