This leprechaun hat works up quickly and is a perfect way to have your pet join in your St. Patrick's Day celebrations.
The finished hat is designed to fit most medium - large breed dogs. Instructions include how to modify the hat to fit smaller breeds as well.
This pattern is recommended for advanced beginners or intermediate crocheters. It uses mostly basic stitches but has 1 round of front post and 1 round of back post crochet, which may be a bit tricky if you're completely new to crochet.
- J / 6 mm crochet hook (for hat)
- E / 3.5mm hook (if doing shamrock)
- Roughly 380 yards DK in green for the hat
- >50 yards DK in lighter green for the shamrock
- Recommended: approx. 14" elastic for the chin strap
- Optional: black ribbon for band
- Optional: felt or foam for buckle
Leprechaun Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
Need help with a pattern? Send me an email or use the Contact Us button, I'm happy to help and can usually respond within 24 hours.
I do not have usage restrictions on my patternse but ask that you do not reproduce the pattern in whole or in part.
If you make this item and would like to have your work featured, please feel free to send photos or tag us @PawsomeCrochet / #PawsomeCrochet. We love featuring your pets and projects!
We also have pattern pages set up on Ravelry.