This fun project works up quickly and requires only basic crochet skills. The hat makes a fun fall or Thanksgiving accessory, and you can easily add felt accents to turn it into a jack-o-lantern hat for Halloween!
--- Skill Level ---
This pattern is best suited for experienced beginners and up. The project has minor assembly and only uses basic crochet techniques, but it does use several different types of stitches and therefore may not be best as your very first crochet project.
--- About the Pattern ---
The pattern consists of a 3 page printer friendly PDF file written in English / US crochet terms that includes:
- 1 instruction page with materials, sizing, and construction info
- 2 page step by step written pattern with stitch counts
- Crochet charts to help with forming the leaf and stem
--- Materials You'll Need ---
In order to make this project, you'll need:
- 4.5mm / US size 7 crochet hook
- Darning needle for finishing
- Approx 75 yrds medium (4) worsted weight yarn in orange
- Approx 40 yrds medium (4) worsted weight yarn in green
- >5 yrds medium (4) worsted weight yarn in brown
NOTE: You may substitute a US G or H hook, but your gauge may be just slightly different.
Pumpkin Dog Hat Crochet Pattern
Need help with a pattern? Send me an email or use the Contact Us button, I'm happy to help and can usually respond within 24 hours.
I do not have usage restrictions on my patternse but ask that you do not reproduce the pattern in whole or in part.
If you make this item and would like to have your work featured, please feel free to send photos or tag us @PawsomeCrochet / #PawsomeCrochet. We love featuring your pets and projects!
We also have pattern pages set up on Ravelry.